Sunday, January 6, 2013

Snow in Africa

You know, sometimes it's just fun to revert back to childhood activities... like making paper snowflakes!  Tessa and I decided one hot, slow, Saturday afternoon to sit down to Christmas music and make paper snowflakes.  Our white kitchen now has a little decoration.  Beryl (the head hauncho who lives here) even said that we could keep them up all year round.  Whoopee!

Me with my first snowflake!

Tessa and her first snowflake!

Tessa and Erin (oh! and Leo) in our kitchen with the finished product.  Unfortunately, this picture does not do justice.  We were quite proud of ourselves. :)  Now, every time one of our friends come in, we get to explain what snow is.  Somehow "below 0 degrees Celsius" doesn't compute in this tropic-like climate.

1 comment:

  1. I think my favorite was the time I tried to describe (in Mandinka) what ice skating was... After barely managing to describe a frozen circular body of water, I think I described ice skates as "special shoes with sideways knives on the bottom"... Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete