Sunday, January 6, 2013

Snapshots of Christmas

I would much rather give you a whole bunch of pictures (with minimal commentary) of what Christmas was like and have you imagine the rest.  The next newsletter coming out has to do with the holidays as well.  As I write this rather belated post, I am hoping that you all had a most splendid Christmas!  ~ A

Tessa and I are all decked out in our Christmas outfits (this is not our house by the way).  A friend of ours was operating a photobooth type thing for people to take their Christmas pictures.

I spent Christmas lunch with my friends Mai and Aminata from church.  We had a very yummy rice dish.  There was lots of food.

Some of the beautiful people I spent my Christmas with.





Totally a candid shot.  I love it!

Andrew with some of my friend Di's nephews (Part II of Christmas Day)

Di's mother-in-law carrying water from the well.  For this family, Christmas is like any other ordinary day.

This picture was a complete accident, and I wish it had captured more of Di's face, but... I was encouraged to post it anyways.

Di's niece Lusiana (loo-JYA-na).  Super cute.

Di's husband Bryma with his nephews.

And that about rounds up my Christmas day!  Stay tuned for the newsletter coming out within the next few weeks. If you have been reading the blog, but are not on the newsletter list (and would like to be), send your contact information (name and email) to sothatafricamayknow@gmail.com.  

Merry (belated) Christmas!
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment